DaKeBiKu - Database on key values of bioplastics
DaKeBiKu: Plastics processing tool available free of charge now at: https://dakebiku.ifbb-hannover.de.
The overall objective of this project is to continue to strengthen the market for biobased plastics, building on the project "Processing of biobased plastics and establishment of a competence network within the framework of the FNR biopolymer network" (KNVB), by increasing demand among product developers, consumers, processors, distributors and product packagers and by making the necessary processing-relevant data from the KNVB project (http://ifbb-knvb.wp.hs-hannover.de/db/) and subsequent projects available free of charge in a database in the future. The substitution potential of bio-based materials and products compared to fossil counterparts is to be highlighted and information on this made available.
An existing input mask for data entry will be extended and optimized for this purpose. In addition to the processing-relevant data, the project also takes into account consumer-relevant data on sustainability issues relating to selected raw materials and product groups. If possible, life cycle assessments will be used as examples to evaluate the sustainability potential.
- Project title: DaKeBiKu - Database on key values of bioplastics
- Sponsorship: Federal Ministry for Food and Agriculture (BMEL)
- Funding: Agency for Renewable Resources (FNR)
- Project management: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andrea Siebert-Raths
- Project realization: Tao Cumplido, B. Sc. (Programming), Florian Konrad, M. Eng. (Sustainability Assessment), Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andrea Siebert-Raths
- Funding code: 22014618
- Duration: 01.10.2020 to 31.12.2021
Tao Cumplido, B. Sc., email@example.com
Florian Konrad, M. Eng., firstname.lastname@example.org