In collaboration with HOFZET (Fraunhofer WKI), the IfBB conducts extensive research into the recycling of bio-based plastics and bio-composite materials.
- Roller mil Xtra2 Wanner
- Three-zone split tube furnace HZS 12/-/900E/E30 Carbolite Gero for pyrolysis
- Analytical sieves for fractionation
Three-zone split tube furnace HZS 12/-/900E/E30 Carbolite Gero
Pyrolysis is the thermochemical decomposition of organic compounds under high temperatures (400-900 °C), high pressures and anaerobic exclusion. Products include pyrolysis gas, pyrolysis oil and pyrolysis charcoal.
The HZS series horizontal folding ovens are divided into three control zones with their own thermocouples and controllers.
The free-standing resistive wire heating elements, which are embedded in vacuum-formed fibre ceramic, ensure rapid heating rates, short cooling times and very good temperature homogeneity.
A device from Carbolite Gero, model HZS 12/-/900E/E30, is used.
- Maximum temperature: 1200 °C
- Heating time: 45 minutes
- Dimensions: oven H x W x D: 350 x 1050 x 410 mm
- Number of heated zones: three
- Diameter of working tube: 110 mm
- Heated length: 900 mm
- Length of the homogeneous zone ± 5 K: 750 mm
- Maximum power: 4500 W
- Holding power: 1400 W