FAQ – Frequently asked questions
- What are bioplastics?
- What are the advantages of bioplastics?
- What is the conceptual difference between the terms bioplastics and bio-based plastics?
- What does "biodegradable" mean?
- How much "bio" must be contained in a bio-based material?
- Are bio-based plastics eco-friendlier than petro-based plastics?
- Is there a conflict between production areas to grow raw materials for bioplastics and those to grow crops for foodstuffs?
- What is the impact of cultivating natural raw materials for bioplastics on agriculture in general?
- What does “cascade use” mean?
- Are bioplastics more expensive than conventional petro-based plastics?
- What are the basic disposal options for bioplastics?
- Can bioplastics be produced from residues?
- Can bioplastics be recycled?
- Are composites compostable?
- What is oxo degradability?